Release Date: June 30, 2020
The deadline for public to provide comments on proposed improvements to WIS 70, from County H to US 45 North in Vilas County, has been extended to July 14, 2020. An in-person public involvement meeting was not planned based on public health guidance to limit public gatherings.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) North Central Region has been seeking feedback since June 18, 2020 on the proposed improvements. Feedback can be provided in the following alternative formats:
- Residents, property, and business owners within the project limits were mailed a handout and other materials, including comment forms that can be mailed back to WisDOT. Contact information for project staff is also included.
- The above materials, including project exhibits, are available online for review on the project website.
- Submit feedback via online survey:
Construction is currently scheduled for 2022. Proposed improvements include:
- Evaluating the lane configuration between WIS 17 and US 45 north for a reduction of four lanes to three lanes
- Mill and overlay of the asphaltic pavement, including new pavement markings
- Replacement of deteriorated curb and gutter
- Spot inlet and drainage repairs to address deterioration
- Upgrade curb ramps to current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards
- Improve drainage in the wayside/boat landing located southeast of the WIS 17/WIS 70 intersection
- Perform island and pavement marking improvements at the WIS 17/70 intersection
Adjacent property and business owners are encouraged to provide feedback. Deaf or hard of hearing persons needing assistance should contact the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay system (dial 711). For any questions or issues with the above feedback options, please contact WisDOT Project Manager Dan Erva at (715) 365-5776.
For more information:
Tegan Griffith, Region Communication Manager
email@example.com or (715) 493-3710