Release date: June 30, 2021
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is seeking public input on proposed improvements to US 8 between North Rifle Road and WIS 47 in the city of Rhinelander and town of Crescent, Oneida County. Construction is currently scheduled for 2024 but could occur as early as 2023. Proposed improvements include:
- Removing and replacing asphalt pavement
- Drainage improvements
- Spot repair of curb and gutter and storm sewer inlets
- Possible replacement of the existing railroad crossing
During construction, US 8 will remain open with flagging operations and single lane closures. Access to homes and businesses will be maintained throughout construction. Temporary driveway closures will be necessary during construction. How to provide input:
The public is invited to view materials on the project website
and provide comment through Friday, July 16, 2021.
- Visit the project website
- Residents, property owners, and businesses within the project limits have been mailed a handout with a comment form that can be sent back to WisDOT.
- Questions and comments can be directed to WisDOT Project Manager Kai Kilen at (715) 365-5741, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments can be mailed to WisDOT North Central Region, 510 Hanson Lake Road, Rhinelander, Wisconsin, 54501.
Deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, and speech-disabled persons should contact the Wisconsin Relay Service by dialing 711.
For more information, contact:
Tegan Griffith, North Central Region Communications Manager
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com