Release date: July 1, 2021
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is seeking public input on proposed improvements to WIS 23 between Packwaukee and Montello in Marquette County. Construction is currently scheduled for 2023.
Proposed improvements include:
- Removing and replacing seven miles of pavement
- Widening the shoulders to 5-feet between 10th Avenue and Montello
- Centerline and shoulder rumble strips
- Replacing and updating signs and pavement markings
- Culvert replacements
During construction, WIS 23 will remain open with flagging operations.
How to provide input:
The public is invited to view materials on the
project website and provide comment through Wednesday, July 21, 2021.
- An online comment form is available on the
- Residents, property owners, and businesses within the project limits have been mailed a handout with a comment form that can be sent back to WisDOT.
- Questions and comments can be directed to WisDOT Project Manager Jeff Stewart at (715) 421-8376, or by email at Jeffrey.Stewart@dot.wi.gov. Written comments can be mailed to WisDOT North Central Region, 1681 Second Avenue South, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495.
Deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, and speech-disabled persons should contact the Wisconsin Relay Service by dialing 711.
For more information, contact:
Tegan Griffith, North Central Region Communications Manager
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com