Construction and WIS 47 full closure begins Monday, July 11
Release Date: July 6, 2022
(Black Creek) To invest in Wisconsin’s transportation system, Governor Evers signed a $7.59 million contract to improve 10.1 miles of WIS 47 from County JJ in the town of Center to County B in the town of Black Creek in Outagamie County. Construction begins Monday, July 11 and is expected to be complete by October of this year. A full closure of WIS 47 begins July 11 for box culvert replacement.
Northeast Asphalt Inc. of Greenville, Wis. is the Prime Contractor.
Construction includes milling four inches and asphaltic resurfacing of four inches of WIS 47 in the project limits, box culvert replacement, pipe culvert replacements, beamguard replacement, permanent signing, and pavement marking.
- WIS 47 will be CLOSED AND DETOURED to thru traffic from Monday, July 11 to approximately the end of August 2022 between County A and County S for box culvert replacement.
- Access to businesses and properties will be maintained.
- WIS 47 will remain open to traffic with single lane closures during daylight hours and flagging operations for resurfacing.
- Lane closures will not be allowed during holiday timeframes.
- Detour: The detour will use County A and County S.
The existing pavement surface is deteriorating. Improvements will reduce surface roughness and provide a smoother and safer ride for motorists. Improvements will also extend the life of the pavement structure while reducing future maintenance costs. Replacement of deteriorating culverts will help mitigate water on the highway and ensure proper drainage.
Work Zone Safety
Each year in Wisconsin, both highway workers and motorists are killed and injured in crashes that happen in highway construction zones. Motorists should slow down, be patient and pay attention to their surroundings in this and all work zones.
For more information
Mark Kantola, Regional Communications Manager