Release Date: June 12, 2020
A public involvement meeting was previously planned to discuss proposed improvements to WIS 21, between 3rd Lane and Madison Street, in the village of Coloma. An in-person meeting is no longer planned based on public health guidance to limit public gatherings.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) North Central Region is seeking feedback until July 20, 2020 on the proposed improvements to WIS 21 in alternative formats.
- Residents, property and business owners within the project limits have been mailed a handout and other materials, including comment forms that can be mailed back.
- The same materials are posted online for review on the project website.
- Feedback can be submitted via an online survey.
Construction is currently scheduled for 2022. Proposed improvements include:
- Replacing sections of deteriorated concrete pavement and curb and gutter
- Mill the concrete pavement surface and overlay with asphalt
- Replace concrete pavement and island at the end of the I-39 northbound off ramp to WIS 21
- Replace County CH intersection approach pavement
- Upgrade curb ramp at the southwest corner of the WIS 21/County CH intersection to current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards
- Storm sewer system repairs, new pavement marking and installation of centerline rumble strips west of 4th Avenue
Adjacent property and business owners are encouraged to provide feedback. Deaf or hard of hearing persons needing assistance should contact the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay system (dial 711). For any questions or issues with the above feedback options, please contact WisDOT Project Manager Jeff Stewart at (715) 459-4525 or Jeffrey.Stewart@dot.wi.gov.
For more information:
Tegan Griffith, Region Communication Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or (715) 493-3710