Project includes replacing sidewalk curb ramps and rail crossing and signals
Release date: July 7, 2022
To invest in Wisconsin's transportation system, Gov. Tony Evers has signed a $1.83 million contract with prime contractor American Asphalt of Wisconsin of Mosinee for a resurfacing project on WIS 173 in Wood County from about 300 feet south of the northerly intersection of County G to WIS 73 in Nekoosa. Construction is scheduled to start Monday, July 11.
The pavement on this section of WIS 173 is showing signs of deterioration. To address this, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation project will:
- Remove a portion of the existing pavement and place new asphalt pavement.
- Replace sidewalk curb ramps.
- Replace the four-track railroad crossing between Garrison and Alexander avenues and railroad signals.
During construction, motorists will encounter:
- Single-lane closures controlled by flagging during milling and paving operations.
- Parking lane closures during curb ramp replacements.
- Road closure during the railroad crossing replacement. Traffic will detoured via WIS 73, WIS 80 and WIS 54.
Construction is scheduled for completion in October. The schedule is weather dependent.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin's North Central Region:
For more information:
WisDOT Office of Public Affairs
(608) 266-3581, email@example.com