Release date: July 19, 2019
Wisconsin DMV Customer Service Centers are not able to issue driver license/IDs at this time (Friday, 7/19). A router managed by a telecommunication company is down. This resulted in a disconnection with the DMV’s federally required verification system. Customers should use the Driver License Guide to fill in forms, submit them electronically, print out a checklist of the paperwork needed to bring to the DMV, and (re)schedule their appointment at the DMV.
- Scheduled road tests are not affected.
- Vehicles services, such as renewing license plates, titling a vehicle, etc. are also unaffected at most service centers.
Other DMV services affected:
- All DMV call centers (including Motor Carrier Services and Over Size Over Weight Permits)
- Crash records are also not available at this time due to network issues.
- Hudson and Rice Lake DMVs are unable to process Drivers Licenses ID cards OR registration products at this time.
Customers are encouraged to go online for vehicle related services and for updates.
For more information, contact:
WisDOT Office of Public Affairs