35-day I-43/WIS 54/57 ramp closures begin July 27
Release Date: July 21, 2020
(Brown County) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region announces a long-term single lane closure on northbound and southbound I-43 between Danz Avenue and Webster Avenue beginning at 7 p.m., Wednesday, July 22. In addition, the southbound I-43 to northbound WIS 54/57 ramp and the northbound I-43 to southbound WIS 54/57 ramp will be closed for 35-days beginning on Monday, July 27. The closures are part of a maintenance project taking place on a 10.2 mile stretch of highway between WIS 172 and Atkinson Drive in Brown County.
This project will have significant traffic impacts and back-ups during peak hours. Drivers are encouraged to use WIS 172 and I-41 as an alternate route.
I-43 traffic impacts
- Northbound and southbound I-43 between Danz Avenue and Webster Avenue will be reduced to a single lane beginning at 7 p.m., Wednesday, July 22 through mid-November
- Drivers are encouraged to use WIS 172 and I-41 as an alternate route. Back-ups expected during peak hours.
- Southbound I-43 to northbound WIS 54/57 ramp will be closed beginning on Monday, July 27 for 35-days.
- Detour as follows: Southbound I-43 to northbound WIS 54/57 traffic should follow southbound I-43 to East Mason Street, travel west on E. Mason Street to northbound I-43 ramp, take northbound I-43 to northbound WIS 54/57
- Northbound I-43 to southbound WIS 54/57 ramp will be closed beginning on Monday, July 27 for 35-days.
- Detour as follows: Northbound I-43 to southbound WIS 54/57 ramp should exit at northbound WIS 54/57, follow WIS 54/57 north onto Nicolet Drive and turn west onto southbound WIS 54/57
Construction includes shoulder improvements, bridge deck milling with concrete overlays, bridge painting, culvert and bridge wingwall repairs and pavement markings.
Work Zone Safety
Each year in Wisconsin, both highway workers and motorists are killed and injured in crashes that happen in highway construction zones. Motorists should slow down, be patient and pay attention to their surroundings in this and all work zones.
For more information regarding work zone rules for motorists, the law restricting hand-held devices, and general work zone safety information, please see our
work zone safety website.
For more information, contact:
Melissa Kok, Regional Communications Manager
Melissa2.email@example.com, (920) 492-5743