Work includes constructing a roundabout at WIS 34 and County DB/Old 51 Road
Release date: July 28, 2022
To invest in Wisconsin's transportation system, Gov. Tony Evers has signed a $2.36 million contract with prime contractor A-1 Excavating of Bloomer for a safety improvement project at WIS 34 and County DB/Old 51 Road in the Marathon County town of Knowlton. Construction is scheduled to start Monday, Aug. 8.
There have been a significant amount of angle crashes resulting in severe injuries at the intersection. To address this, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation project will:
- Construct a roundabout at the intersection.
- Place new pavement markings and signage.
- WIS 34 will remain open to traffic, but motorists will encounter daytime shoulder closures and flagging operations.
- County DB and Old 51 Road will be closed; there is no signed detour route.
- Local access along WIS 34 will be maintained.
Construction is scheduled for completion in November. The schedule is weather dependent.
For more information:
WisDOT Office of Public Affairs