Release Date: August 18, 2020
A public involvement meeting was previously planned to discuss proposed improvements to WIS 32, between Crandon and Three Lakes, in Forest and Oneida Counties. An in-person meeting is no longer planned based on public health guidance to limit public gatherings.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) North Central Region is seeking feedback now until Tuesday, September 22, 2020 on the proposed improvements to WIS 32 in alternative formats:
- Residents, property and business owners within the project limits have been mailed a handout with a comment form that can be sent back.
- The same materials, including a map of culvert work locations and the proposed detour, are available on the project website for review
- Feedback can also be submitted via online survey
Construction is currently scheduled for 2022. Proposed improvements include:
- Replacing 5 culvert pipes in-kind
- Replacing 5 culvert pipes with larger sizes
- Placing one new culvert pipe
New right-of-way or temporary easements will be required to accommodate the larger sized pipes. Construction is currently scheduled for 2022.
WIS 32 will be detoured for the duration of the project. The detour route will utilize US 8 in Crandon to WIS 45 in Three Lakes. There will be hard closures at four of the culvert locations along WIS 32. Completion dates yet to be determined will be targeted to minimize the impacts to local access at each of the locations.
Adjacent property and business owners are encouraged to provide feedback. Deaf or hard of hearing persons needing assistance should contact the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay system (dial 711).
For any questions or issues with the above feedback options, please contact WisDOT Project Leader Kimberly Bradley at (920) 492-4174 or Kimberly.Bradley@dot.wi.gov.
For more information:
Tegan Griffith, Region Communication Manager
email@example.com or (715) 493-3710