Ramp resurfacing begins August 28
Release Date: Aug. 21, 2017
(Calumet County) As part of his efforts to create jobs and make sure Wisconsin is open for business, Governor Scott Walker recently approved $668,112.84 to improve ramps at the WIS 114/US 10 interchange in Calumet County. The project is located in the village of Harrison. The project is scheduled to begin on Monday, Aug. 28, and be finished by the end of September. The WIS 114 ramps will be closed to all traffic during resurfacing. US 10 will remain open.
Sommers Construction Co., Inc. of Shiocton, Wis. is the Prime Contractor.
This project is needed to address the deteriorating mainline concrete pavement surface, roadway joints, and the deteriorating asphaltic shoulders on the US 10/WIS 114 interchange ramps.
- Resurfacing of the WIS 114 ramps (southwest ramp, WIS 114 connector, southeast ramp) at the US 10 and WIS 114 interchange.
- Work includes concrete base patching, asphalt pavement, beam guard, concrete surface drain replacement, signing, and pavement marking.
- The existing shoulders will be removed and repaved.
- During construction the WIS 114 ramps at the US 10 & WIS 114 interchange will be closed to all traffic. US 10 will remain open.
- Detour: WIS 114 will be detoured via US 10 and County N.
Motorists on WIS 114 will benefit from a smoother pavement surface and improved safety due to new pavement markings and more reflective signing.
Construction details for this project will be provided weekly on the Northeast Region Weekly Highway Construction Update website. Construction updates will begin the first week of construction.
# # #
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, Regional Communications Manager
Mark.Kantola@dot.wi.gov, (920) 492-4153