Release Date: October 1, 2020
A public involvement meeting was previously planned to discuss proposed improvements to WIS 97, between Northridge Street in Marshfield and Reflection Street in Stratford. An in-person meeting is no longer planned based on public health guidance to limit public gatherings.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) North Central Region is seeking input until Friday, October 30, 2020 on proposed improvements to WIS 97 in alternative formats:
- Residents, property and business owners within the project limits have been mailed a handout with a comment form that can be mailed back.
- A handout, maps, video, and other information are available on the
- Input can also be submitted
via online survey.
Proposed improvements include:
- Removing the top layer of asphalt and replacing it with a layer of asphalt with centerline rumble strips
- Guardrail replacements
- Replacement of deteriorated drainage culverts and cattle passes with new drainage culverts
- Repairs on the bridge over the Little Eau Pleine River
- Shoulder paving with widening from three feet to five feet and adding rumble strips to improve safety
- Intersection modifications to aid in reducing crashes at the County AAA/Galvin Avenue, Staadt Avenue, and County C (east) intersections
New right-of-way or temporary easements will be required to accommodate the intersection improvements.
Construction is currently scheduled for 2022. WIS 97 will be open during construction under flagging operations. Temporary traffic signals will be used on the Little Eau Pleine River bridge when work is being conducted.
Adjacent property and business owners are encouraged to provide input. Deaf or hard of hearing persons needing assistance should contact the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay system (dial 711).
For more information:
Tegan Griffith, Region Communication Manager
email@example.com or (715) 493-3710