Release Date: October 19, 2020
A public involvement meeting was previously planned to discuss proposed improvements to WIS 49, between North Street in the city of Waupaca and Depot Street in the village of Scandinavia, Waupaca County. An in-person meeting is no longer planned based on public health guidance to limit public gatherings.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) North Central Region is seeking input on the proposed improvements until Friday, November 20, 2020 in alternative formats:
- Residents, property and business owners within the project limits have been mailed a handout with a comment form that can be mailed back.
- Input can also be submitted via online survey.
- A handout, maps, presentation, and other information are available on the
Proposed improvements include:
- Removing the top layer of asphalt and replacing it with a layer of asphalt with centerline rumble strips
- Guardrail replacements with slope grading and spot curb and gutter repairs
- Four culvert replacements, including the culvert at Nichol Creek
- Replacement of curb ramps to meet current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards, where feasible in Waupaca.
- WisDOT is also evaluating a sidewalk extension with the city of Waupaca between River Street and Leighton Road.
- Shoulder paving between North Street and Timber Drive/Elm Street to accommodate multi-modal users
- Installation of retaining walls with new guardrails to stabilize the ongoing slope erosion approximately a half-mile north of County Q
For more information:
Tegan Griffith, Region Communication Manager
email@example.com or (715) 493-3710