Survey open until October 31
Connect 2050 is Wisconsin’s long-range transportation plan to support our economy, enhance our quality of life, and facilitate safe and efficient movement of people and products for the next 30 years. Connect 2050 will cover all types of transportation – from roads to ports, to airports to buses, to rails to sidewalks. As part of the plan, the Connect 2050 project team has created a survey for the public to weigh in on the future of transportation. The survey is available at Connect2050Survey.com until October 31, 2020.
“The key to providing the kind of transportation system our state needs, is planning,” WisDOT Secretary-designee Craig Thompson said. “We have to look decades down the road, to ensure that the projects we plan today will meet the state’s needs tomorrow. By participating in the Connect 2050 process, you’re helping to make Wisconsin’s transportation future a reality.”
The survey seeks to feedback on six, key transportation areas:
- Economic vitality
- Safety and security
- Quality of life and natural environment
- System integration and connectivity
- System management
- Funding and project costs
Several other options to learn more and provide feedback
In addition to the survey, the Connect 2050 website was designed with activities to inform the public and invite their input.
- Virtual open house: Find complete information on all aspects of the state’s transportation system. Explore topics such as population and safety trends, as well as other key transportation issues.
- Recorded stakeholder webinars: Includes a presentation, and question and answer session.
- Comment form: Provides an opportunity to share information that should be considered as the department drafts the long-range plan.
In addition to these online materials, printed materials can be obtained by calling WisDOT at 608-266-9495. Comments can be mailed to:
Wisconsin Department of Transportation, 6th floor
Hill Farms State Office Building
4822 Madison Yards Way, S611.03
Madison, WI 53705
WisDOT staff will analyze public input and draft the Connect 2050 plan this fall. It will be shared next winter, and the public will have an opportunity to give feedback on the specifics of the proposed plan. The plan is expected to be completed in summer 2021.
For more information, contact:
WisDOT Office of Public Affairs