Release date: July 22, 2022
To invest in Wisconsin's transportation system, Governor Evers signed a $5 million contract for improvements on WIS 11, between Clausen Road and the Walworth/Racine County Line, along the western portion of the Burlington Bypass.
Work is scheduled to begin the week of August 1, weather permitting. Payne and Dolan, Inc. is the prime contractor for the project and will implement the following:
- Resurfacing WIS 11 between Clausen Road and the Racine/Walworth County Line
- Box culvert replacement over Indian Run Creek
- Culvert repair at canal west of Lyons Road
What to Expect
- For the box culvert replacement work, there will be a full closure from WIS 120 to County Road JS
- Access for local traffic will be maintained up to the culvert
- Signed detour utilizes WIS 120 and WIS 36
- Single lane closures from County Road JS to the Racine/Walworth County Line
Construction is scheduled for completion by late fall 2022. The schedule is dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction progress.
For more information regarding southeast region traffic impacts, transportation news and project updates: