Safety | Service | Additional | Archives | Lean Government Initiative | Contacts | Budget | Open Book
The department aims to promote diversity in our operations, as well as our surrounding communities, and the statutory Chapter 16 Minority Business Enterprise requirement furthers this goal. Our target is for five percent of agency spending in each fiscal year to be paid to certified minority businesses. We measure the total percentage of MBE spending at the agency level as well as MBE spending per division.
How is this measure trending? Unfavorable
- At least 5 percent of state purchasing and contracting
- 5 percent low bid preference
- Financial consulting and technical/marketing assistance
- Listing in Directory of Minority-Owned Businesses
- A minority-owned sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or joint venture
- Ethnic minority group
- Be at least 51 percent owned
- Serve a "useful business function"
- Must be at least one (1) year old under current ownership
Accountability: The continuous effort to use public dollars in the most efficient and cost-effective way.