This page will help you learn how the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) continues to respond to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
For more information on COVID-19 and Wisconsin’s response, visit the
Wisconsin COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information Clearinghouse.
For safety and convenience, you are encouraged to complete all possible transactions online, by mail, with a third-party agent, or by scheduling an appointment.
DMV has taken these steps to continue providing vital services to Wisconsin motorists, while limiting the exposure of our employees and the public to the virus:
- Service windows have plexi-glass panels.
- Appointments are highly encouraged to limit the number of customers in the lobby.
- Hand sanitizer is available to all and building surfaces are regularly cleaned.
- Remember - Vehicle services can be done online to reduce the need for in-person visits.
WisDOT strives for safe, healthy and respectful work environments.
- Use of face masks is welcome but not required on WisDOT highway maintenance and construction projects.
- Project leaders are asked to stay familiar with any federal, state and local health guidance that may impact work zone operations or public involvement efforts.
- Project meetings may be held in-person or virtually at the discretion of the project team and WisDOT region office. Those planning in-person meetings must incorporate any federal, state, local or venue-specific rules for use of masks or social distancing.
- Refer to the Wisconsin Department of Health’s Stop the Spread guidance for more information about preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- State employees, contractors and consultants are asked to stay familiar with Department of Administration personnel policies relative to COVID-19.
- The traveling public is asked to “know before you go” with 511wi.gov. Please refer to the site for information on active construction. Thank you and drive safely.
Region office main contacts are: