This page will help you learn how the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) continues to respond to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
For more information on COVID-19 and Wisconsin’s response, visit the
Wisconsin COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information Clearinghouse.
For safety and convenience, you are encouraged to complete all possible transactions online, by mail, with a third-party agent, or by scheduling an appointment.
DMV has taken these steps to continue providing vital services to Wisconsin motorists, while limiting the exposure of our employees and the public to the virus:
- Service windows have plexi-glass panels.
- Floor decals remind customers to allow for social distancing.
- Appointments are highly encouraged to limit the number of customers in the lobby.
- Team members wear masks. Hand sanitizer is available to all and building surfaces are regularly cleaned.
- Remember - Vehicle services should be done online to reduce the need for in-person visits.
- Customers are strongly encouraged to wear masks when entering DMV facilities.
WisDOT continues to monitor the public health crisis as it applies to essential highway maintenance and construction projects.
- Workers are expected to continue to take precautions against the spread of COVID-19 at the office and job site. Monitor the
Wisconsin Department of Health for latest information and guidance.
projects.511wi.gov for the latest information on active construction projects.
- Telephone and video-conference options are preferred to connect with WisDOT staff.
Region Office main contacts are: