WIS 49, South Branch Little Wolf River bridge, Iola, Waupaca County
The bridge was originally constructed in 1927. Elements of the bridge are deteriorating and the structure is nearing the end of its useful life.
Proposed improvements include replacing the bridge with a new structure that meets current design standards. Work includes replacing the roadway approaches, and replacing the sidewalk.
Construction is currently scheduled to occur in 2020.
Some permanent fee acquisition and temporary easements will be required for construction.
Proposed traffic impacts
WIS 49 will be closed at the bridge during construction. The proposed detour includes WIS 161, Town Line Road, and West State Street.
- December 29, 2017 - Local officials meeting
- February 6, 2018 - Public involvement meeting
- January 2018 - Public involvement meeting
- Spring 2018 - Environmental document
- November 2019 - Final plans completed
- 2020 - Construction currently scheduled
Wendy Arneson, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
North Central Region, Wisconsin Rapids office
1681 Second Ave. South
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-4768
Phone: (715) 421-8301
Fax: (715) 423-0334
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711