The eastbound US 10 bridge is located over Waupaca County E, in the town of Waupaca.
US 10 is a major east/west corridor, connecting communities in the Fox Valley area to western Wisconsin and the Minneapolis metropolitan area. This section of US 10 has an average daily traffic count of 19,500 vehicles (2012 count).
The US 10 bridge over County E was constructed in 1965. Maintenance projects were completed in 1990 and 2014. The bridge deck has extensive cracking throughout the surface and is nearing the end of its useful life.
The purpose of this project is to provide a structure with sufficient structural capacity that will meet the needs of the US 10 corridor.
We are proposing to replacement the eastbound US 10 bridge.
- Motorists on US 10 will encounter traffic shifts and lane closures.
- County E, under US 10, will be closed for approximately five months.
- Local officials meeting -- September 21, 2017
- Public involvement meeting -- October 12, 2017
- Final plans scheduled for completion -- August 1, 2018
- Construction is currently scheduled -- Spring 2020, but could occur as early as spring 2019
Mark Steidl, WisDOT Project Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
North Central Region, Wisconsin Rapids office
1681 Second Ave. South
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-4768
Phone: (715) 421-8301
Fax: (715) 423-0334
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711