The US 10/WIS 66 bridge over I-39, Stevens Point, Portage County.
The objective of the project is to improve pedestrian accommodations, reduce crashes and extend the life of the bridge.
To meet these needs, we propose to:
- Replace the bridge deck and approaches
- Paint the steel components of the bridge
- Widen the sidewalk on the bridge
- Shift left turn lanes
- Extend the US 10 auxiliary lane through the Maple Bluff Road intersection
- Signalize the I-39 northbound ramp intersection
- Install a traffic signal head over each lane
- I-39 will remain open to traffic with periodic single lane closures.
- US 10/WIS 66 will be reduced to three lanes; two eastbound and one westbound
- Turning movements onto I-39 will be restricted to right turns
- The I-39 northbound off ramp to US 10 east will be closed for the duration of 2022 construction
- Temporary traffic signals will be used at the Country Club Drive and Maple Bluff Drive intersections
- Local officials meeting – August 1, 2019
- Public involvement meeting – August 22, 2019
- Complete project design – May 2021
- Construction currently scheduled to begin - Spring 2022