US 45, from south Oneida County line to 800-feet south of US 8, Oneida County
The main purpose of this project is to extend the service life of the existing transportation facility, improve stormwater conveyance systems, and enhance non-motorized transportation opportunities. To accomplish this and address the project’s needs, we are proposing to:
- Remove and replace the roadway pavement with new hot mix asphalt pavement
- Remove and replace the curb & gutter within Pelican Lake
- Remove and replace two existing culvert pipes
- Replace or rehabilitate several storm sewer structures and pipes in Pelican Lake
- Extend the existing sidewalk north to County B (east)
In October 2020, the Town of Schoepke voted to remove existing on-street parking accommodations along the west side of US 45 north of Manitowoc Street. As a result, WisDOT will be removing parking in this area.
During construction, the roadway will remain open; however, motorists can expect to encounter shoulder closures as well as single lane closures with flagging operations. No right-of-way acquisition is anticipated.
Construction is currently planned for 2025 but could occur as early as 2022 depending on available funding.