WIS 153, Rangeline Road to Water Street, Mosinee, Marathon County
We’ve identified the following issues on this section of WIS 153:
- The pavement is deteriorating.
- Some of the storm sewer structures are deteriorating.
- Sections of curb and gutter are severely deteriorated.
- Most of the curb ramps do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- The traffic signal controller and the loops at the intersection of Main and 4th streets need to be improved.
To address the identified needs, we are proposing to:
- Replace the pavement between Rangeline Road and Novak Street
- Resurface the pavement between Novak Street and Water Street
- Replace deteriorated curb and gutter
- Repair deteriorated storm sewer structures
- Replace pedestrian curb ramps that do not meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards
- Replace the traffic signal equipment at the 4th Street and Main Street intersection
Installation of new sidewalk is proposed between Rangeline Road and Novak Street.
The city of Mosinee plans to replace the city water services between Rangeline Road and Novak Street during construction.
Construction is currently scheduled to take place in 2022.
Proposed traffic impacts during construction
- Temporary traffic signals
- Lane closures
- Flagging operations
- On-street parking restrictions
- Temporary side road closures
Some permanent fee acquisition and temporary easements will be needed for construction of the new sidewalk, and where pedestrian curb ramps will be replaced.
- Complete final design - May 2021
- Construction information meeting - Prior to construction in 2022
Wendy Arneson, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
North Central Region, Wisconsin Rapids office
1681 Second Ave. South
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-4768
Phone: (715) 421-8301
Fax: (715) 423-0334
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711