WIS 153, Rangeline Road to Water Street, Mosinee, Marathon County
We’ve identified the following issues on this section of WIS 153:
- The pavement is deteriorating.
- Some of the storm sewer structures are deteriorating.
- Sections of curb and gutter are severely deteriorated.
- Most of the curb ramps do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- The traffic signal controller and the loops at the intersection of Main and 4th streets are not working properly.
- High crash rate for right turning vehicles from WIS 153 (4th Street) onto eastbound WIS 153 (Main Street).
To address the identified needs, we are proposing to:
- Replace the pavement between Rangeline Road and Novak Street.
- Resurface the pavement between Novak Street and Water Street.
- Replace deteriorated curb and gutter.
- Repair deteriorated storm sewer structures.
- Replace pedestrian curb ramps that do not meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards
- Replace the traffic signal equipment and loops at the 4th Street and Main Street intersection
- Installation of right-turn signals for the right turn movement from WIS 153 (4th Street) onto eastbound WIS 153 (Main Street).
Other planned improvements:
- New sidewalk between Rangeline Road and Novak Street, on the north side of WIS 153
- City water services on the south and east sides of WIS 153, between Rangeline Road and Fremont Street, will be replaced during construction.
Proposed traffic impacts during construction
- Temporary traffic signals
- Lane closures
- Flagging operations
- On-street parking restrictions
- Temporary side road closures
Some permanent fee acquisition and temporary easements will be needed for construction of the new sidewalk, and where pedestrian curb ramps will be replaced.
- Real estate: Currently ongoing - Spring 2021
- Complete final design: May 2021
- Construction letting: September 2021
- Construction: 2022
Wendy Arneson, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
(715) 421-7391 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tegan Griffith, North Central Region Communication Manager
(715) 490-3710 or email@example.com
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
North Central Region, Wisconsin Rapids office
1681 Second Ave. South
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-4768
Phone: (715) 421-8301
Fax: (715) 423-0334
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711