WIS 82 (Adams/Marquette County line to Fandrich Street AND Abbott Street to I-39)
WIS 23 (I-39 to 8th Court)
The following needs have been identified:
- The pavement is cracking and rutting
- There are four deteriorating culverts
- Two are located near the railroad crossing between Abbott Street and County I, in Oxford
- Two are located near 5th Drive
- Deteriorating pavement at the railroad crossing between Abbott Street and County I, in Oxford
The purpose of this project is to ensure that the service life of the pavement is maximized, and to improve the overall safety of the roadway.
To address the pavement needs we plan to resurface the highway with asphalt, using cold-in-place recycling. This process recycles and replaces some of the current pavement structure.
Other improvements include:
- Culvert pipe repair
- Railroad crossing surface widening
- Centerline rumble strips
- Reduces head-on fatal and injury crashes by 44%; increases “awareness” with audible feedback when motorists begin to cross the centerline
- Pavement safety edge
- Shown to reduce crashes by 5.7% by reducing hazard of low shoulders
The preferred alternative (solution) is selected based on:
- Public input
- Regulatory agency and local government input
- Information gathered regarding natural and social impacts
Motorists can expect single lane closures and flagging operations during construction. A five-day detour will be required to replace the railroad crossing and deteriorated culverts.
- Complete final design - November 2017
- Construction - currently scheduled for 2019