WIS 55 over Nine mile Creek, between Langlade and Lily, Langlade County
The existing culvert pipes are in poor condition. This project will consist of removing the existing culverts and roadway over Nine Mile Creek and constructing a new buried slab bridge structure and bridge approaches.
This project is anticipated to be completed under staged construction. Motorists should expect to encounter single lane closures with temporary signals.
Some real estate acquisitions are anticipated in order to build slopes required for the new bridge.
Public involvement was conducted in July 2021. Residents and businesses within the project limits were contacted via mail at that time with the materials listed below.
To address the input we received during public involvement, the project team re-evaluated the alternatives. The preferred alternative now being considered is a buried slab structure that can be built without a closure and detour.
Your input is welcome and appreciated throughout the design process. Deaf or hard of hearing persons needing assistance should contact the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay system (dial 711).
- Local officials meeting: 6/16/2021
- Public involvement meeting: 7/7/2021 – 7/28/2021
- Environmental document: 6/20/2022
- Final right-of-way plat: 8/16/2022
- Real estate negotiations: Spring/Summer 2023
- Complete project design: November 2023
- Construction is currently scheduled for summer 2024