PROJECT UPDATE: Construction is set to begin May 2, 2022!!
The intersection at WIS 57 and County Road K in the town of Scott, Brown County.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region has selected a preferred alternative for a safety improvement at the intersection of WIS 57 and County Road K. There is a history of right-angle crashes at this intersection, and it has qualified for federal Highway Safety Improvement Project (HSIP) funding. The project staff determined constructing the project as soon as possible would be the best solution to address the safety issues and concerns received during the public comment period. The project has been advanced to 2022 construction. No real estate will be required.
Preferred alternative: Restricted Crossing U-Turn
WisDOT will build a Restricted Crossing U-Turn (RCUT) with extended turn lanes (Median U-Turn) at the intersection. This unique RCUT intersection will reduce the number and type of conflict points from 42 to 12 and simplify decision making. Motorists will still be able to make all turning movements.
preferred alternative in map
- For general information on using RCUT intersections, including turning movements using an RCUT with extended turns lanes (the preferred alternative at WIS 57/County K) Please see the
WisDOT RCUT webpage
Construction Schedule (Design is complete)
May 2, 2022 to mid-August 2022
Traffic impact overview
Please see the Northeast Region Weekly Highway Construction Update for dates, times, locations and detours for this and all projects under construction in Northeast Wisconsin.
- WIS 57 – between Van
Lanen Road and Fischer Road – will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction during construction.
- County K may be closed for a short time to complete construction on County K.
- Median crossings will be restricted at times.
- Temporary driveway closures will be necessary during parts of the construction process.
- WisDOT will contact homeowners and businesses in advance before closing a driveway.
Matt Bert, P.E., WisDOT Construction Project Manager
Phone: (920) 492-4147