The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is seeking public feedback on the below design proposal for construction on WIS 96 in Brown County. There will be no in-person public meeting due to the current health emergency. Please review the below information and provide comments via comment form, email or phone to our project staff listed below.
WIS 96 from WIS 32 in in the town of Greenleaf to I-43 in the village of Denmark, Brown County, Wis. The project begins just east of Breckenridge Falls Boulevard in Greenleaf and ends just west of the I-43 interchange in Denmark.
WisDOT has created a public handout for the this project. Please feel free to download, print and share with anyone who does not have access to this website. The handout includes a prepaid mailer for public comments.
Project improvement details and exhibits are included below:
- Public Comments: February/March 2021
- Final Plans: November 2021
- Project Letting: March 2022
- Construction: 2022
Construction staging and traffic Impacts
The project will be constructed in stages to minimize impacts to the traveling public. Specific dates and timing of construction staging are still being developed. The project is scheduled to be divided into the following segments with corresponding detour routes.
- Segment 1 – Greenleaf to Lark (WIS 32 – County G, South Junction)
- Detour: WIS 32/57, County Z, County W, County Z, County G
- Segment 2 – Lark to Shirley (County G, South Junction – County G, North Junction)
- Detour: County W, County Z, County NN
- Segment 3 – Shirley to Denmark (County G, North Junction – I 43)
- Detour: County G, County Z, I-43
View project detour map
New right of way and temporary limited easements (TLE's) will be necessary at specific areas throughout the project. If your property is impacted, a member of the project staff will contact you. Please refer to the project displays for specific locations of right of way needs.
Your comments are important to us to obtain input that will assist the department in the further development and refinement of a final design. We are looking to obtain any specific knowledge of your property that will assist the department in finalizing our design. To provide comment on the project described above, please email or call project manager Matt Ternes or use the below pre-paid mailer in the project handout and mail to Mr. Ternes.
In This Together program for businesses
WisDOT recognizes businesses located in work zones have special needs. It's critical that customers have access to businesses and that they continue to visit them, regardless of any road work inconvenience. WisDOT's In This Together program is offered to business and community leaders as an idea source as they plan for road construction in their area. On the
In This Together website, businesses can find:
- Specially designed Business Coordination Guide for businesses to succeed during a highway construction project, includes information on:
- Planning ahead
- Staying informed
- Keeping customers informed
- Tips for businesses
- Case studies that demonstrate techniques that have been successfully used in communities throughout Wisconsin.
- Promotional samples showing a variety of examples of how businesses have promoted their businesses during construction.
During construction, temporary signing for business will be available. While signing and other marketing/advertising during the construction is up to the business, WisDOT encourages businesses to use the resources above to assist them with planning for construction before the construction begins.
Please note the Northeast Region office is currently closed to the public due to the current health emergency.
Matt Ternes, P.E., Project Manager
WisDOT Northeast Region
944 Vanderperren Way
Green Bay, WI 54304