Project location and limits
There are two highway segments for the US 45 improvement project that will undergo construction:
- The first segment is US 45 through the village of Eden from Elm Street to the north village limits.
- This segment includes reconstructing approximately 400 feet of County B from the intersection with US 45 to the west.
- The second segment is US 45 from the north village limits of Eden to County V in the city of Fond du Lac.
- This segment includes realigning the intersection of US 45 and County H for safety improvements.
Project purpose and need
The purpose of this project is to upgrade the existing pavement structure, provide safety corrections to areas that have crash trends, and improve substandard intersection geometrics to meet current safety and design standards.
US 45 resurfacing between the village of Eden and the city of Fond du Lac
The existing pavement structure is showing significant amount of transverse cracking with lesser amounts of alligator cracking in the wheel paths. The 5.7 mile segment from Eden to Fond du Lac will consist of resurfacing the roadway with spot improvements for safety and maintenance. The safety enhancements will include:
- Beam guard upgrades
- Centerline rumble strips
- Obstacle removal in the clear zone
- Geometric improvements
- Culvert replacements
- Rehabilitation of the bridge over the DeNeveu Creek
- View resurfacing detail maps
Village of Eden Reconstruction:
WIS 45 in the village of Eden improvements include:
- Widen roadway 1 – 2 feet
- Replace terraces in kind
- Replace storm sewer
- Widen railroad crossing and remove signals
- Bump-out at mid block crossing on Fond du Lac Avenue
- Replace large culvert on County Road B
- Minor right of way needed at Main Street intersections
- Strip taking at Fond du Lac Avenue
- View Eden construction detail maps
Traffic control during construction
Traffic on US 45 will be detoured during construction of the section in Eden and the resurfacing section south of US 151. Access to local businesses and residences will be maintained at all times via the nearest side road. The resurfacing portion north of US 151 will be constructed under traffic using flagging operations.
Schedule and Public Involvement
Current and future:
- Right of way acquisition (ongoing)
- Complete final plans (ongoing)
- Complete final agency permitting (ongoing)
- Public construction update meeting (2018)
- Construction begins (2018)
Past (anything prior to today)
- Aug. 19, 2015 - Public involvement meeting (PIM)
- Aug. 13, 2015 - Local official meeting (LOM)
- July 11, 2014 - Property owners meeting
- July 9, 2014 - PIM
- June 23, 2014 - LOM
- July 12, 2012 - PIM
- Nov. 11, 2011 - LOM