Note: Project construction begins March 2018. A 511 Wisconsin construction website is available with construction information regarding staging, traffic impacts, detours and business signing. Please see the website below for any construction-related information.
WIS 55 (Delanglade St.), from Lawe St. to US 41, in Kaukauna, Outagamie County.
- Reconstructing one mile of WIS 55 from a rural section to an urban section
- Signalizing the WIS 55/WIS 96 intersection
- Adding four roundabouts
- WIS 55/US 41 northbound ramp
- WIS 55/US 41 southbound ramp
- WIS 55/Gertrude/Maloney
- WIS 55/County OO
- Adding bike/pedestrian accommodations from County OO to the north end of the project
WIS 55 is a primary access to and from Kaukauna, to US 41 (11,000 average daily traffic from 2007) and runs past the entrance to the city industrial park.
Pavement is severely distressed and dates from the 1950s. Project will reduce congestion while providing a smoother driving surface with new pavement marking, signs, and bike/pedestrian accommodations. It will also help extend the service life of the highway and reduce maintenance costs.
Design work with construction scheduled to start April 2018 and scheduled to be completed November 2018.
Why is this project needed?
Pavement is severely distressed and dates from the 1950s. In addition, the WIS 55 corridor is experiencing a lack of capacity between County OO and the US 41 interchange.
- Reduce congestion
- Provide a smoother driving surface with new pavement markings and signs
- Bike/pedestrian accommodations to be added
- Extend the service life of the highway and reduce maintenance costs
Current (this year)
Future (next year and beyond)
- Utility moves prior to road construction
- Spring 2017 - Finalize roadway design
- Spring 2018 - Construction scheduled to start
- November 2018 - Construction scheduled to be completed
Past (anything prior to today)