US 12 - County A (3rd Street East) intersection, about 0.2 mile west of the US 12/Nottingham Way intersection, in Altoona.
The purpose of the project is to improve the safety of pedestrians crossing US 12 by directing them to cross the highway at the County A (3rd Street East) signalized intersection. This project consists of:
- Building two shared-use path segments.
- The north segment would connect to the existing sidewalk system north of North Hillcrest Parkway to US 12.
- The south segment would connect US 12 to Windsor Forest Drive.
- Adding pedestrian signal improvements at the US 12/County A intersection.
The project is estimated to cost $122,000.
The project will result in temporary short-term lane closures at the US 12 - County A (3rd Street) intersection.
- Construction scheduled to start: 2021.
To slow the spread of COVID-19, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation is moving public involvement efforts online. Please see the materials below:
Submit comments by Aug. 20 by:
WisDOT Northwest Region Project Manager
WisDOT Northwest Region Project Supervisor
Christena T. O’Brien
WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
(715) 836-2891, (800) 991-5285