US 12 - County A (3rd Street East) intersection, about 0.2 mile west of the US 12/Nottingham Way intersection, in Altoona.
The purpose of the project is to improve the safety of pedestrians crossing US 12 by directing them to cross the highway at the County A (3rd Street East) signalized intersection. This project consists of:
- Building two shared-use path segments.
- The north segment would connect to the existing sidewalk system north of North Hillcrest Parkway to US 12.
- The south segment would connect US 12 to Windsor Forest Drive.
- Adding pedestrian signal improvements at the US 12/County A intersection.
The project is estimated to cost $122,000.
The project will result in temporary short-term lane closures at the US 12 - County A (3rd Street) intersection.
- Construction scheduled to start: 2021.
To slow the spread of COVID-19, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation moved public involvement efforts online. Comments were accepted through Aug. 20, 2020.
WisDOT Northwest Region Project Manager
WisDOT Northwest Region Project Supervisor
Christena T. O’Brien
WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
(715) 836-2891, (800) 991-5285