WIS 13 from the County H intersection in the town of Cloverland to the Engdahl Road intersection in the town of Lakeside, Douglas County.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is proposing improving 15.88 miles of WIS 13 in Douglas County to address deteriorating pavement, culverts and curb and gutter and substandard guardrail. The project includes:
- Removing about 2 inches of existing pavement and overlaying WIS 13 with 3.25 inches of hot mix asphalt.
- Cleaning, replacing or placing liners in culverts.
- Replacing substandard guardrail and curb and gutter where needed.
- Repairing flumes.
- Adding new pavement markings and centerline rumble strips.
- Construction currently is scheduled to begin in spring 2022.
Traffic and Other Impacts
- WIS 13 will remain open to through traffic during construction operations, but motorists can expect lane closures controlled by flagging operations.
- Access to almost all properties will be maintained during construction.
To slow the spread of COVID-19, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation moved public involvement efforts online. Comments on the project were accepted through Sept. 15, 2020.