WIS 29 (Cemetery Road), South Main Street to WIS 65 in the city of River Falls in Pierce County.
This project consists of:
- Milling and overlaying existing pavement.
- Modifying two intersections:
- Emory Circle
- Altering intersection to allow right turns only from Emory Circle to Cemetery Road (WIS 29).
- South Wasson Lane
- Modifying the geometry in the southwest corner of the roundabout to better accommodate trucks.
- Addressing guardrail deficiencies.
- Upgrading curb ramps.
- Marking pavement.
- Signing on a limited basis.
- Construction scheduled for: 2023.
- Construction could occur as early as: 2021
Temporary easements for grading will be required for curb ramp upgrades, and WisDOT real estate specialists will be reaching out to property owners.
For work between South Main Street and WIS 65:
- Traffic will be maintained using flagging operations and lane closures.
- Pedestrian accommodations will be made during sidewalk work.
- Temporary driveway closures may be necessary during parts of the construction process. WisDOT will contact homeowners and businesses in advance before temporarily closing any driveway.