WIS 48, Bear Paw Ave. to Hammond Ave., in Rice Lake, Barron County.
WisDOT is currently developing a plan to make improvements to WIS 48. The project will include:
- Concrete joint repair and overlaying the existing pavement with asphalt.
- Adding an east bound right turn lane at Wisconsin Ave.
- Restriping the roadway to include one lane in each direction with a center two-way left turn lane and 5 foot shoulder and bicycle accommodation.
- Reconfiguring the Knapp St. and Hammond Ave. intersections to include signals and bicycle/pedestrian accommodations.
- Add signals at the Wisconsin Ave. and Knapp St. (Hwy 48) intersection.
The project is estimated to cost around $2.2 million.
This project does not include the reconstruction of the interchange ramp terminals at WIS 53. The interchange area will be reconstructed under a separate project.
Highway 48 will remain open to traffic during construction except as noted below. The highway will be reduced to a single lane during daytime hours with flagging operations.
The intersection of Knapp St. and Hammond Ave. will be closed for approximately 3 weeks during construction to reconstruct the intersection to accommodate signal installation. A posted detour will be in place for Hwy 48 through traffic.
Beth Cunningham, WisDOT Northwest Region Project Manager
Diana Maas, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
Fax: (715) 836-2807
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711