The purpose of the proposed project is to address the deteriorating pavement condition and extend the service life of the Airport Spur Ramps and W. Air Cargo Way intersection with Howell Avenue (WIS 38).
- Removal of existing asphalt and concrete which is to be replaced with new concrete along the WIS 119 eastbound off-ramp and Air Cargo Way Intersection with Howell Avenue.
- Widen the shoulders to standard width on WIS 119 eastbound off-ramp.
- Milling, patching, and overlaying the WIS 119 westbound on-ramp with asphalt.
- Replacing pedestrian ramps to meet current ADA Standards.
- Replacing guardrail.
- Traffic management alternatives such as short/long term closures, detours, staging, off-peak/nighttime closures, or a combination of approaches are currently being evaluated.
- Access for residents, businesses, and emergency services will be coordinated and maintained during construction.
Construction in 2025, with the possibility of being advanced to 2024, pending funding.
Design phase -
Do you have any comments or questions? We'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to contact the project representatives below.
Evan Limberatos, WisDOT Project Manager
Dan Sellers, WisDOT Communications