WIS 38 is experiencing longitudinal joint deterioration, alligator cracking and transverse cracking. Due to the poor pavement condition, WisDOT is proposing to resurface this section of roadway. Proposed improvements include:
- Two-mile pavement resurfacing
- Signal upgrades at intersections of Newman Road and Emmertsen Road
- Right turn lane improvement at Emmertsen Road
- Bridge deck overlays on WIS 38 north of the project limit
Two permanent median closures for safety reasons
A Public Involvement Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 24, from 5-7 p.m. at the Mount Pleasant Village Hall Community Room #1, 8811 Campus Drive, Mount Pleasant, WI 53406. WisDOT will present and discuss upcoming improvements with the WIS 38 resurfacing project.
Construction is tentatively scheduled for 2021.
- Full closure and detour from WIS 31 to County MM (Emergency and local access to be maintained)
- Inside/outside lane closures from County K to WIS 31
Overnight intersection closures
- Overnight closures for bridge deck overlays
Design phase - Do you have any comments or questions? We'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to contact the project representatives below.
Nguyen Ly, WisDOT Project Manager
Dan Sellers, WisDOT Communications