WIS 38 between County MM and Rapids Drive - Racine County
To address the deteriorated 62-year old bridge structure built over the Root River, and to improve overall traffic operations and safety within the project corridor.
- Replace the old bridge with a brand-new bridge
- Replace pavement between County MM and Rapids Drive
- Reconfiguration of WIS 38 and Rapids Drive intersection for improved traffic flow
Install new traffic signal equipment at WIS 38 and Rapids Drive intersection
Provide sidewalks and wider shoulders for bike usage between County MM and Rapids Drive
Bridge will be closed during construction to minimize the duration of traffic impacts. Traffic will be detoured.
Project is currently in the design engineering phase
- Construction is scheduled to begin in spring 2023
- In-water Work Restrictions
- The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR) has set restrictions on when the instream construction work can be performed on the project. This has an effect on when construction can take place during certain times of the year.
We're In This Together
Have a business along the corridor? Check out the “In This Together” program designed to help businesses and community leaders to connect with project contacts, discuss any potential obstacles specific to each business, and strategize for success during construction.
Justin Suydam, WisDOT Project Manager
Malathi Karri, WisDOT Project Design Leader
Dan Sellers, WisDOT Communications