WIS 50 from 256th Avenue to 236th Avenue.
Approximately 1.4 miles of WIS 50 is to be reconstructed in the village of Paddock Lake. Improvements will include:
- Replacement of pavement and curb and gutter.
- Storm sewer improvements.
- Sidewalk extension on east and west end of the project.
- Sidewalk handicap ramps will be improved to meet ADA standards.
- Traffic signals will be replaced with monotubes at WIS 83 and 246th Avenue along with turn lane improvements.
Other project elements include:
- The two existing retaining walls on the north side of WIS 50 between 246th Avenue and 248th Avenue will be replaced.
- Potential median closures at the WIS 50/WIS 83 intersection in an effort to improve safety.
A section of WIS 50 from 256th Avenue to 236th Avenue in Kenosha County is in need of reconstruction to address drainage issues and pavement deterioration. Improvements will be made to the existing infrastructure that will restore the quality of the roadway.
- 2019 - Public Involvement Meeting
- 2020 - Spring/ summer - right of way acquisition
- 2021 - Final design continues through November
- Construction tentatively scheduled for 2022
Alternative routes to be used during construction are still being assessed.
Brian Pluemer, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Dan Sellers, WisDOT Southeast Region Communications