Note: This study has been canceled. WisDOT will continue to monitor and evaluate this roadway for future needs.
WIS 167 (Mequon Road), US 145 (Pilgrim Road) to WIS 181 (Wauwatosa Road), within the communities of Germantown in Washington County and Mequon in Ozaukee County.
This five mile long study will:
- Evaluate the need for additional lanes
- Analyze traffic at all intersections
- Evaluate access locations and median openings to improve highway safety and efficiency
- Evaluate impacts of proposed improvement alternatives
- Address the lack of bicycle and pedestrian accommodations
This study will address long-term safety and congestion needs and identify the right of way needed for preservation for future corridor expansion. Study outcomes to include:
- Environmental Assessment (EA)
- Design study report Preliminary plan
- Access Management Vision
- The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is identifying a recommended alternative for the WIS 167 corridor. WisDOT is reviewing potential impacts and comments received as a result of the past public involvement meetings.
- WisDOT will identify a preferred alternative following the review of potential impacts and comments, and publish an Environmental Assessment (EA) in 2017.
- The study began in 2011 and is currently scheduled for completion in 2017.
- 2017 - Environmental Document
Past (anything prior to today)
- Tuesday, June 2, 2015 - PIM #3
- Refined alternative completed archaeological survey
- Completed architectural survey
- December 12, 2013 - PIM #2
- November 20, 2013 - Project Advisory Committee (PAC) meeting #3
- September 29, 2012 - project comments due
- August 29, 2012 - PIM #1
- July 18, 2012 - PAC meeting #2
- December 5, 2011 - PAC meeting #1
Andrew Wheeler, PE, WisDOT Southeast Corridor Studies Unit
Michael Pyritz, WisDOT Southeast Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
141 NW Barstow St.
P.O. Box 798
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Phone: (262) 548-5902
Fax: (262) 548-5662