WIS 32, within the village of Caledonia, in Racine County.
- South project limit is about 1,000 feet south of 5 Mile Road.
- North project limit is about ½ mile north of the intersection of WIS 32 and WIS 31.
- Project length is about 1.7 miles.
- Maintenance resurfacing project with additional lane through intersection from 6 Mile Road to WIS 31.
- Intersection improvements at 5 Mile Road, 6 Mile Road and WIS 31.
- Traffic signal installation at 6 Mile Road and WIS 32.
The project’s need was established based on several criteria:
- Physical issues, age of facility, and related deficiencies
- Increasing traffic volume and congestion
- Safety concerns and crashes
- Bicycle facilities
- System linkage and route importance
The purpose of this project is to improve the condition of the pavement, and to provide intersection improvements to meet forecasted traffic volumes, improve safety, and accommodate the needs of pedestrians and bicyclists.
Spring/Summer 2018 Update: Utility work taking place
The activity taking place in this area is the utility relocation effort needed prior to the start of the roadway construction project. Throughout the various utility work, there will be lane closures controlled by flaggers to allow traffic to flow, as well as shoulder closures. Access for businesses and residents will be maintained.
- For additional information on utility coordination and schedules with these closures, please visit caledoniawi.com or contact the Village of Caledonia Utility District Department Head, Tony Bunkelman at (262) 835-6416 or email@example.com.
Public input wanted:
The design team is interested in receiving comments from the public regarding the design of the proposed project. Comments are being received until July 27, 2018, in order to consider for the final design of the project. Please contact the WisDOT representatives on the bottom of this page. For more information on the project, view the most recent project mailer below.
- Utility relocation work is scheduled to continue through the end of 2018.
- Construction is currently scheduled to begin in spring 2019, with work being complete by fall 2019.
Roadway construction traffic impacts/detour:
- The roadway construction project will be closed to through traffic during construction, but access to local properties will be maintained.
- The detour route will be posted.
Mark Wilfert, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Dan Sellers, WisDOT Southeast Region Communications
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
141 NW Barstow St.
P.O. Box 798
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Phone: (262) 548-5902
Fax: (262) 548-5662