WIS 32/WIS 165, 10243 Sheridan Road to 10626 Sheridan Road, in village of Pleasant Prairie, Kenosha County
Two alternatives were considered for this project.
- Signalizing the intersection
- Constructing a roundabout
After further analysis and engagement with the public, the signalized intersection alternative was selected.
Purpose and need
The existing two-way stop control at the intersection of WIS 32 and WIS 165 does not sufficiently handle the traffic flow resulting in delays for the motoring public.
- September 22, 2015 - Public Involvement Meeting 1 - Alternatives explored
- 2016 - Public Involvement Meeting 2 - Preferred alternative selected prior
- 2023 - Begin construction
- Construction could be advanced to 2022 pending the availability of funding.
Project is currently in the design phase.
Vida Shaffer, WisDOT P.E., WisDOT Final Design Project Manager
Daniel Sellers, WisDOT Southeast Region Communications