Project location |
Project overview |
WIS 19, Springfield (US 12) to Waterloo (WIS 89), in Dane and Jefferson counties.
- WisDOT is conducting an access and safety study on a 30.5 miles segment of WIS 19.
- This study is looking to preserve the WIS 19 corridor and prolong its useful life. The study will analyze current safety and operations, as well as access, and recommend improvements and strategies that will allow WIS 19 to operate safely and efficiently into the future.
- WIS 19 is an important regional route that serves the northern metropolitan area of Madison from Mazomanie to Watertown. It functions as a connector to the important backbone routes of I-39/90/94, US 151, and US 12.
- The study will produce a Corridor Management Plan that will identify corridor deficiencies in addition to improvement recommendations to extend the highway’s useful life.
Current (this year)
- March 2016 – Project complete
Past (anything prior to today)
View public involvement page.
- December 10, 2015 - PIM (Waunakee)
- December 9, 2015 - PIM (Sun Prairie)
- December 3, 2015 - LOM (Waunakee)
- December 2, 2015 - LOM (Sun Prairie)
- March 11, 2015 - PIM (Waunakee)
- February 25, 2015 - PIM (Sun Prairie)
- February 17, 2015 - LOM (Waunakee)
- February 12, 2015 - LOM (Sun Prairie)
- April 2014 - Initiated Study
Study - Short term planning with no construction activity at this time.
December 2015 - LOM/PIM exhibits/maps
February/March 2015 - LOM/PIM exhibits/maps
Franco Marcos, WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright St.
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843