US 51 Corridor Study (Stoughton-McFarland) - Need/purpose
What is the purpose of this project?
- The purpose of the project is to provide a safe and efficient transportation system in the US 51 corridor to serve present and long-term travel demand while minimizing disturbance to the environment.
- There are five main factors that contribute to the need for improvements within the US 51 corridor:
- Address existing safety conditions
- Address pavement conditions
- Accommodate travel demand
- Improve bicycle and pedestrian accommodations
- Corridor preservation and long-term planning
- Completed February 2004, in-depth NA study reviewed and analyzed transportation needs along US 51, Burma Rd. in McFarland to east side of Stoughton.
- The study indicated there was sufficient need to study potential improvement alternatives.