Meetings/hearings | Newsletters/others
Public Involvement Meetings (PIM), hearings and other meetings
Sept. 26, 2019 - Public Involvement Meeting (PIM)
- Exhibit Boards
- Project Overview
- Project Needs
- Aerial Maps - Proposed improvements
- East of Stoughton
- City of Stoughton
- Stoughton to McFarland
- Village of McFarland
Aug. 26, 2015 - PIM
Oct. 15, 2012 - PIM
April 14, 2011 - PIM
May 19, 2009 (Stoughton) and May 20, 2009 (McFarland) - PIMs to present latest alternatives for public comment
Chart - Preliminary impact comparison/summary
Comment sheet - blank
Presentation, part 1 of 3
Presentation, part 2 of 3
Presentation, part 3 of 3
Crash summary 2004 - 2006
- No build - No action would be taken beyond normal roadway maintenance.
Alternative A - Low build. US 51 safety improvements and addition of passing lanes.
- Alternative B - Four-lane expansion of US 51, Stoughton to McFarland. The potential interchange located at US 51 and County B east would be a north-south interchange (traffic wanting to travel on County B east would need to exit.).
- Alternative B1 - Four-lane expansion of US 51, Stoughton to McFarland. The potential interchange located at US 51 and County B east would be an east-west interchange (traffic wanting to travel south to downtown Stoughton would need to exit). Note: This is the same design as alternative B except the Stoughton section differs.
- Alternative C - Four-lane expansion of WIS 138, Stoughton to Oregon, plus US 51 safety improvements.
- Alternative D - Four-lane expansion of County N, County B east to I-39/90, plus US 51 safety improvements.
- Alternatives B, C, and D - Each includes the expansion to four lanes on County B, US 51 to County N, along with the expansion to four lanes and relocation of County N on Skaalen and Pleasant Hill roads.
Meetings prior to 2009
- May 17, 2006 (McFarland) and May 16, 2006 (Stoughton) - PIMs to present alternative concepts
- April 28, 2005 - Alternatives solutions workshop in Stoughton
- January 2004 - PIM, present preliminary results of US 51 Needs Assessment (NA)
- 2003 - Three workshops for NA portion of study