Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
I-39 NB (WIS 78 to Marquette County Line), I-39 NB (northbound) lanes only - Columbia County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is developing final plans for concrete repairs on I-39 NB (northbound). This section of I-39 in Columbia County begins at the WIS 78 Interchange and continues north approximately 11 miles to the Marquette County Line.
- Repairs to the concrete pavement on the NB (northbound) lanes.
- SB (southbound) lanes were repaired in 2014, and no work is anticipated for the SB lanes.
- Asphalt shoulder repairs along I-39 north of US 51.
- Investigation of the NB and SB ramps at the intersections of I-39 and WIS 33 will be conducted.
- As well as the NB and SB ramps at the intersections of US 51 and I-39 north of Portage.
2024 - Construction anticipated
Traffic will be restricted to one lane during the concrete pavement and shoulder repairs. Lane closure hours will be restricted on weekends during the summer months.
Lalitha Balachandran, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843