Project location | Project overview | Public involvement | Schedule | Traffic impacts/detours | Status/phase | Contact information
US 12 (East Monroe County Line to 225 ft East of A Street), Camp Douglas to New Lisbon - Juneau County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) plans to improve this 7.85 mile section of US 12 from Camp Douglas to New Lisbon by resurfacing the existing asphalt pavement. The existing pavement is deteriorating, and this treatment is needed to extend the pavement service life.
- Pavement resurfacing (remove top 2 inches then replace with 2 inches of Asphaltic Pavement Overlay)
- Updating guardrails
- Updating curb ramps to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements
- Increase paved shoulder width from 3’ to 5’
- Install shoulder rumble strips
September 2020 - Virtual Public Involvement Meeting (PIM) #1
- November 2020: Update
- Federal Safety funds have been secured and the paved shoulder width will increase from 3’ to 5’ and shoulder rumble strips will be included in the project
- Construction scheduled for 2026, with potential advancement to 2022
US 12 will remain open to through traffic.
- Temporary lane closures utilizing flaggers
- Access to properties and businesses will be maintained
Dan Kleinertz, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022
Fax: (608) 785-9969