Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
US 12 (southbound)/Robert Street (northbound), City of Fort Atkinson, Jefferson County
The project consists of the bridge deck replacement on the existing structure over the Rock River. Some reconstruction of roadway approaches on both sides of the bridge will be included to accommodate the new structure.
Proposed improvements include:
- New structure approaches
- New sidewalk and curb ramps at the Riverside Drive intersection
- Updated street lights across the bridge
- New pavement marking and permanent signing
- September 2021 - Public Information Meeting
- Spring - Fall 2022 - Construction anticipated
Traffic impacts and possible detour routes are being determined.
Frank J. Pritzlaff, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843