Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
South Towne Drive/W. Broadway bridge over US 12/18 (Madison Beltline), Madison - Dane County
This project will make structural repairs and place a concrete overlay on the bridge deck. Construction will start 150 feet south of US 12/18 and extend over the bridge to 115 feet north of US 12/18.
- Replace expansion joints (joints built into bridge surface, so it can expand and contract)
- Replace concrete pavement between the ramp terminals
- Replace lighting on the ramps
- Install new traffic signals
- October 23, 2019 - Public involvement meeting (PIM)
- 5 - 7 p.m.
- Badger Rock Middle School, 501 E. Badger Road, Madison
- Meeting will familiarize local residents and businesses with the purpose and need for the project and provide specifics on traffic impacts during construction
- April 2020 - Construction anticipated
Turning movements will be restricted at the South Towne Drive interchange.
- The eastbound off ramp will maintain full functionality throughout the project.
- The other three ramps will only allow right turns.
- For instance westbound off ramp from US 12 will only be able to turn right at South Towne Drive.
*Sidewalk will need to be added along the west side of South Towne Drive, to accommodate pedestrians during construction staging.
Greg Brecka, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843