Project location |
Project overview |
US 151 (One mile south of CTY VV to US 151 bridge over CNW Railroad), Sun Prairie to Beaver Dam - Dane/Columbia/Dodge counties
Green - (Segment 1) Construction completed - 2018
Orange - (Segment 2) Construction scheduled for 2019
Red - (Segment 3) Being designed 2018-2024 / Construction scheduled for 2025
The proposed resurfacing of US 151 begins approximately one mile south of the CTY VV overpass just north of Sun Prairie and ends south of the US 151 bridge over the CNW Railroad just south of Beaver Dam.
The purpose of the project is to improve the US 151 pavement. The pavement is exhibiting deteriorated joints, transverse cracks, longitudinal cracks and slab breakup, therefore is in need of improvement.
Segment 1 - US 151 from CTY V to the WIS 73 overpass (bridge)
Construction completed - 2018
Segment 2 - US 151 from CTY VV to WIS 73
Segment 3 - US 151 from WIS 73 to CNW Railroad
Scheduled to be constructed in 2025
Roadway work will be done on US 151 segment from north WIS 73 interchange to south of the US 151 bridge overpass of the CNW Railroad south of Beaver Dam.
- Concrete pavement repair and asphalt overlay of US 151 from the north WIS 73 interchange to south of the US 151 bridge over the CNW Railroad south of Beaver Dam.
- Extend intersection turn lanes.
- Replace curb and gutter at intersection median openings.
- Replace signs and install new pavement marking.
- US 151 will be open to traffic during construction.
- Single lane closures will be required for pavement repair and asphalt paving.
Amy Coughlin, WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843