Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
US 18/151 (Town Hall Rd to Fitchrona Rd), between Mount Horeb & Fitchburg - Dane County
This US 18/151 project starts at Town Hall Road just east of Mount Horeb and extends east to Fitchrona Road in Fitchburg. USH 18/151 is a principal arterial roadway whose pavement and other practical elements has deteriorated to a point where maintenance is needed to extend the pavements useful life. The purpose of the maintenance and roadside improvements are to continue providing the traveling public a safe and smooth riding surface.
- Pavement repair and replacement of the existing concrete along US 18/151 to include adjacent ramps
- Pavement repair and replacement of Old County PB between ramp terminals
- Replacement of the existing signals at the westbound Old County PB ramp terminal
- Replacement of the several existing concrete pavement approach slabs abutting existing structures
- Culvert repairs
Project fact sheet
- Winter 2020 or 2021 - Public involvement meeting (PIM)
- Winter 2020 or 2021 - Local officials meeting (LOM)
- 2022 - Construction anticipated
US 18/151 will be constructed by maintaining 1 lane in each direction with ramp construction taking place under a closed condition.
- Ramp construction will take place under a closed condition
- Ramps will be staged in such a matter that adjacent ramps are not closed at the same time
- This strategy will cause moderate delays to the traveling public
County PB will be constructed by maintaining 1 lane in each direction with a temporary signal at the westbound ramp terminal to minimize ramp queuing and delays.
Derek Potter, P.E.
WisDOT Project Manager
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843