Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
US 51 and County B/AB intersection - Dane County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is in the process of developing plans for the proposed safety improvement to reconstruct the intersection of US 51 and County B/AB to a dual-lane roundabout.
Below is a link to WisDOT's website for information on roundabouts.
See how roundabouts work for instructional videos and pamphlets.
- April 26, 2023 - Public Involvement Meeting
- February 2021 - Virtual public involvement coordination
- Summer 2024 - Construction anticipated
US 51 and the intersection is anticipated be closed to through traffic (open to resident/local traffic).
- Motorists can expect detour route(s) to avoid construction.
- Delays due to construction activities will be anticipated and minimized to the extent practicable.
Jennifer Kobryn, P.E.
WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800