WIS 106 (WIS 73 to Park Drive), Dane & Jefferson counties
WisDOT is in the process of developing plans to resurface a 11.8-mile section of WIS 106 to extend the service life and improve safety. The project will also place two concrete bridge deck overlays to extend the service life of the two bridges.
- Pave asphalt shoulders throughout corridor to improve safety
- Centerline rumble strips to improve safety
- Guardrail to be added in locations with crash history
- Preliminary design complete - Spring 2020
- Final design complete – Spring 2021
- Construction begins – Spring 2025
Traffic control has not been determined currently. Project staff are determining the best alternative to complete the work and keep everyone safe.
Brad Schultz, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608 )246-37843